Kroma Atelier Mercedes is a 3-way, floor-standing loudspeaker. With a signature Krion cabinet, Kroma’s Mercedes is so rigid it makes the speaker nearly immune to vibrations. The Mercedes delivers a robust quality sound and an impressive sound pressure level.
Some details about the Kroma Atelier Mercedes include a central Mundorf AMT tweeter with 6.5″ then 8″ aluminum cones from Purifi. The loudspeaker is equipped with a crossover by Duelund and Mundorf. The powerful bass system is rear ported, with an overall sensitivity of 89dB/8ohms.
Kroma engineers have over 30 years of experience in developing high-end loudspeakers. They continuously strive for perfection and fidelity of the reproduction. So natural sounds and a perfect representation of the sound image. This principle is implemented down to the smallest detail. For example, the bass reflex tube is made by hand by musical instrument makers and the type of wood is chosen for sound.
They take every single component by hand, and measure and work each pair of speakers as a handcrafted piece of art. They also have an industrial process where cabinets are made with the careful technologies to create smaller cabinet sizes that still perform with delicacy and sensitivity and offer the entire range of frequencies and the emotion needed to create something very magical and intimate.
- Cabinet made entirely in Krion, a non-conductive and non-magnetic material that stands out for its high mass and the absence of resonances, resulting in no sound colorations
- the absence of metallic elements in the manufacturing of the cabinet. Not one metal screw is used: neither in the chassis, nor in the filter, not even in the fastening of the drivers
- Selected filter components chosen for their top sound quality such as brand names Duelund and Mundorf, combined with very special NOS components
- Use of elements made with different types of wood – employed by renowned luthiers to make their musical instruments – handmade and located in critical places with great sound influence
KROMA ATELIER MERCEDES
- Three way Loudspeaker
- Driver Complement: 1 X AMT Neodymium Tweeter, 2 X 6,5” Aluminium Midrange, 2 X 8” Aluminium woofer
- Crossover: Passive crossover with High Grade Components from Duelund and Mundorf
- Sensitivity: 89 dB
- Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Frequency Response: 26Hz to 25 KHz
- Dimensions: (160 cmx 50,8cm x 32cm)
- Weight: 138 Kg/Unit