It is impossible to compare Hilo to other two channel AD and DA converters. A unique product. Hilo replaces three different, critical components:
#1 Hilo is an analog to digital converter
#2 It is also a digital to analog converter. With most companies, these are two separate units.
#3 It is an independent headphone amplifier. The headphone section has its own, dedicated D/A converter. This provides two key benefits. First this allows Hilo to offer a headphone output with exceptional clarity and noise specifications. Second, due to Hilo’s internal 32 channel mixer, any input set can be routed to the headphone stereo output. This means that a mix that is entirely different from the analog outputs and monitors can be applied to the headphones.
- Hilo is a 4 in one unit – A/D converter, D/A converter, Monitor Controller with a dedicated D/A converter and a Headphone amplifier with a dedicated D/A converter.
- There are three unique sets of analog outputs: main analog output, monitor output (with analog volume) and headphone output (with analog volume).
- The flexible digital I/O section offers the choice of AES/EBU, SPDIF by coax or TOSLINK optical, or ADAT formats
- The innovative design of the analog stage and converter topology allow ultra low noise and distortion specifications
- A 480 x 272 pixel LCD touch screen for operation and monitoring
- A 32 channel internal mixer in the updatable FPGA
- 12 total inputs, 16 total outputs plus 32 channels possible via LSlot.
- AC powered with Battery operation available
- Open ended software for future measurement, metering, diagnostic and personalization features using the touch screen LCD.
- Size – 8.50” wide x 3.25” tall x 10.00” deep (half rack, two spaces)
- Weight: 6.75 pounds
LINE IN A/D PERFORMANCE
THD+N -114dB @1kHz, -1dBFS, 20kHz filter
Dynamic Range 121 dB, A-weighted, -60dBFS signal method
Frequency Resp. ± 0.01 dB, 20 – 20kHz
Crosstalk -140 dB maximum @ 1kHz, -1dBFS signal
LINE OUT D/A PERFORMANCE
THD+N -109dB @1kHz, -1dBFS, 20kHz filter
Dynamic Range 121 dB, A- weighted, -60dBFS signal method
Frequency Resp. ± 0.02 dB, 20 – 20kHz
Crosstalk -135 dB maximum @ 1kHz, -1dBFS signal
Hilo can be powered by standard 110-230V AC power or remotely with 9-18 volts DC, allowing the use of standard video battery packs or even auto cigarette lighter connections. Hilo measures 8.50 x 3.25 x 10.00 inches, weighs 6.75 pounds and is available with a silver or black front panel/knob option.
There are no reviews yet.