Kroma Atelier Mimi:
The Spanish brand Kroma Atelier manufactures ultra high-end loudspeakers, including the multi-award winning Mimi, which is an extraordinary monitor. Particularly in the design of their loudspeakers, Kroma Atelier combines the use of the most advanced technological innovations with essential pieces built by hand from instrument makers. Therefore, it makes for a very special end product, which is unique and incomparable to everything in the world at the moment.
Despite the compact size of Kroma Atelier’s MIMI, the loudspeaker manages to surprise with an unparalleled sound. In fact, This sound can best be described as natural and lifelike.
Moreover, a significant factor that makes Kroma’s sound different is their distinct selection in material. Kroma speaker cabinets are entirely made from Krion, a non-conductive and non-magnetic composite material made of aluminum trihydrate and resin, with a total absence of metallic elements, even the screws are not metal.
Kroma has chosen Krion to manufacture the speaker cabinets because of its high acoustic insulation capacity, further damped inside with 5mm bituminous felt. In addition, This beautiful design gives the speaker a marble like quality which stands out for its high mass and natural sound without coloration or distortion, while allowing the speaker cabinet to isolate the box by up to 33.5 decibels. As a result, it creates no resonance in the box and gives an absolute natural sound free of rattling metal.
- Full Krion cabinet with crossover resin-sealed
- Tweeter: 1 x Hiquphone
- Mid-woofers: 1 x Scan Speak 6,5” Classic Series
- Passive crossover network with ultra high quality Mundorf and NOS components
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohm
- Sensitivity: 9o dB in anechoic chamber
- Frequency Response: 35 to 25k Hz
- Resonance Frequency: 25 Hz
- Recommended power amplifier: >15W
- Dimensions: 39,8cm high, 20,8cm wide, 25cm deep
- Weight without packaging: 16 kg