Audio Alchemy DDP1 + PS5 (Preamp+Power)
Audio Alchemy DDP-1 + PS5 is a true high-end combination. Never before a system this good at this price point.
– (1) Audio Alchemy DDP-1 Digital Decoding Preamp / DAC/ Headhone Amp
– (1) Audio Alchemy PS-5 Power Supply Upgrade
DDP-1. Digital Decoding Preamp / DAC / Headphone Amp
In an attempt to make this new digital world a better sounding place, Audio Alchemy set out to create the highest quality Preamp/DAC/Headphone Amp that could deliver exceptional, world-class sound for under $10,000. The result is the DDP-1 – a three-in-one powerful all-analog preamplifier, DSD-compatible digital-to-analog converter with dual digital signal processors and a headphone amp, all housed in one compact machined-aluminum chassis for under $2,000.
Refine & Redefine Digital
Unlike most digital preamps and DACs, the DDP-1 employs sophisticated digital processing that gives it superior sound quality, dramatic noise reduction and flexibility. The ability to select from four output filter profiles and output resolutions means that you can get the most out of each digital file. Layered on top is Audio Alchemy’s world-renowned jitter control technology, which gives digital files that smooth, velvety analog quality we all love. Add the modular PS-5, a balanced power supply to maximize the DDP-1’s dynamic range and filtering to produce a rich sound that can compete with much larger and more expensive units.
The digital section uses dual 32/216 PCM/DSD AKM DACs with seven digital inputs. Internal DSPs provide four output filter profiles and user-selectable output resolution. A proprietary DAC configuration raises dynamic range of digital signals by approximately 8 bits, and a multistage phase-locked loop reduces jitter to the picosecond level. The analog section provides discrete FET driver and output stages, a high-precision Alps volume control and XLR and RCA inputs and outputs.
· 3-in-1 Analog preamp, DAC with dual digital signal processors and headphone amp
· Resolution enhancement from 16 to 24-bit and 24 to 32-bit digital signals
· 7 digital inputs supporting a myriad of music players, PC’sand media devices
· 3 analog inputs to ensure your entire music collection stays on heavy rotation
· Optional balanced power supply to boost overall performance
· Small highly attractive design equally at home in tabletop or desktop use in smaller rooms or offices or highend system rack
· A USB connector allows easy firmware updates
· Control is easy, thanks to an IR remote and illuminated front LCD
Power Supply Upgrade
For DDP-1 owners, the PS-5 is an easy and affordable way to improve dynamics, lower the noise floor, and enhance detail, spaciousness and musicality. It immediately and substantially elevates the performance of the DDP-1 by adding a much more advanced and capable power supply. It also complements the aesthetics of the DDP-1, by nesting into the unit, so the PS-5 looks like an integral part of the system rather than an add-on accessory.
- Audio Technica
- Bass Traps
- Music Servers/Streamers
- Portable Audio